Sunny Fuerteventura's Friendly Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: bars in Nuevo?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:35 am 
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Hi All,

Am over on the 27th june, how are the new bars doing in Nuevo?

Fabs, and have they moved from stoners to the new "kav's" site yet.

Post subject: Re: bars in Nuevo?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:23 am 
Site Admin

The new Stoners has just opened there will be photos soon I hope.

All the other bars you mentioned are doing ok. There is a lot to choose from.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:46 am 
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

HI,
well am back in sunny uk :roll: after my little break

Went to Fabs, didn't rate it i'm afraid! where is the michelin star chef????
Bar man wasn't great asked for amaretto and coke - got rum and coke didnt know what amaretto was! Owners - i'm afraid they were walking round with the attitude " i own a bar i dont need to do anything" it was very busy so errrrr helllooooo yes you do have to pull your weight.

Stoners- nice and bright inside better than the old kav's- breakfast was good although still felt a bit "clicky" in the evening.

Just my opinion and the other 2 i went with

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:30 am 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Agree with you, anjpink ,your comments about bar owners not wanting to work. There's some like that here in Corralejo.
All bars say they're struggling, but they seem to employ far too many staff.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:57 pm 

Have any of you tried Mustang Sallys? we always find the food excellent there especially the steaks and salmon. You wont find any attitude there with John and kath - they both work very hard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:27 am 
20+ Posts
20+ Posts

Yes.Have to agree with that.Great food and very nice people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:02 am 
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

hi, sorry mustang isnt my thing either i'm afraid had a brekkie in there back last year and an evening meal, i just dont like the feel of the atmosphere in there. I liked rumours when Alan and the girls where in, thats why we go in villa pizza now for our afternoon happy hour / s bar1 cheers1 detective1 :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:47 am 
20+ Posts
20+ Posts

There are not many nicer than Dave to have banter with.You always
feel welcome in Villa Pizza.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:22 am 
Site Admin

Everybody is welcome at Villa Pizza, even the Birmingham City fans. :D

It´s hard to judge from one visit what a place is like. I don´t think any of the bar owners in Nuevo Horizonte are swan about doing nothing types. You don´t last long if you are.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 am 
Site Admin

I had breakfast in Mustang Sally´s the other day. I noticed that they had some specials on at a good price. They also had Guinness on at 3 euro per pint. Pity my doctor insists on giving me things that don´t mix with alcohol.

Looks like you can have a value for money meal there. I like value for money. :D

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 am 
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Deepdale Duck wrote:
Everybody is welcome at Villa Pizza, even the Birmingham City fans. :D

It´s hard to judge from one visit what a place is like. I don´t think any of the bar owners in Nuevo Horizonte are swan about doing nothing types. You don´t last long if you are.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
FYI, i never visited the bar just once! i had been in there on several occasions....
When you order an amaretto and coke and get dark navy rum and coke there is something wrong, when you order a starter and wait 25 mins for it and your main course comes and hour after that. this does not bode well if it was 1st visit i most certainly would not have gone back as it wasn't the first thats why we decided to go back to give it a 3rd time to see if it is capable of improving.

My argument is and was that if your staff are struggling jump behind and help out, stop walking around with a " big i am" attitude. I run a pub in the uk and i / we never ask a member of staff to do anything we wouldn't ourselves.
It wasn't just myself that witnessed the owners were "swaning" about it was other people that were also in there. You rely on regular custom to keep a business running and a good reputation/word of mouth if you have not got that you have nothing.

also i didn't say the bar owners are the swan about types either, they work very hard, I KNOW what its like to run a 24 hour day business, but when your bar staff cannot even get a drink right (not the first time) there are issues that need to be sorted out!!!! :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

I´ll have to bow to your knowledge on how things should be done. :D

I haven´t eaten out a lot lately in Nuevo, so can´t say what the standards of service are like. By the time I have had my breakfast cereal or something at Gory´s in Caleta, followed by a few bits and pieces I pick up along the way during the day I don´t need any more because I´m not as active as I´d like to be and carrying extra weight wouldn´t be good for me.

There is a lot of local politics involved with the British/Irish bars in Nuevo and Caleta. It gets like a soap opera sometimes. It´s probably best to not get involved. I think the regulars and locals know which bars they like and from what I have been told the people in the hotels are not leaving them and spending money outside.

Nuevo got a mention on the Canarian news yesterday. The article was about the increase in the number of people resorting to using Caritas, which is a catholic organisation that feeds people. It said there had been a 60% increase in the number of people using the Puerto centre and that they were now working in Antigua where they were helping 25 families a week, mostly in Nuevo horizonte.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:04 am 
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

I can believe people are using the charity to eat, often here now there are charities outside the major supermarkets asking for food donations... the non perishable items, tins etc.
We are all finding it hard enough to supply the everday basics to our own families let alone trying to feed and support someone elses.
I do donate before anyone decides to jump on me :lol:
I just can't beleive in 2012 it has come to the point when food is so scarce for some.
Its a sad sad situation. :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:36 am 
Site Admin

Yes, it´s not a good state for things to be in. I saw something the other day that said the rich in Spain were 6% richer. I don´t know when compared to when, but it´s not surprising.

I caught the back end of http://www.lasexta.com/sextatv/salvados/completos/salvados___que_hago_con_mi_dinero/575353/1 the other day. The old bloke was interesting. He said the political system as it stood was based on fear. If we don´t....... we will end up like Greece. Etc etc.

The program as a whole is about what to do with your money.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:42 pm 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

About 4 weeks ago we witnessed the old Stoners Bar being cleared out and worked on. Just wondering if it's going to reopen ?