Fuerteventura Forum

Sunny Fuerteventura's Friendly Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:12 pm 
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Just to keep all you Sunny F'ers informed , Kavanaghs has closed down !!
Ian and Jayne have served the community well over the years that they have been there, but circumstances have led to the bar having to close.From the people on Paraiso we would like to thank them along with Ailish, Berndt, Kevin,Cathy, Leah, Marion,Phil,Libby,Claire,Pip,Donna, Danny, Rees, Katie, and the names I can't remember,we would like to say a huge thank you to you all for looking after us and the many great nights we had there, St Patricks nights there were the stuff of legends !!!
Thanks Again !! From Derek and Edel, Dublin.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

Mustang Sally's is also closed at the moment, as is the Costa Tropical hotel. That will open again at some point to take advantage of the summer trade.

One of the Canary Island Government's ministers says that the worst of the recession is over and it's just a case of things picking up.

There are goverment representatives from all the municipalities at FITUR a travel fair in Madrid. Pajara are inviting six taxi drivers from Madrid, out of 7 000, so that they can tell their mates and customers how brill it is here.

The pound has gone on a bit of a surge against the euro due to signs of inflation in the UK.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

There is a notice up saying Mustang Sally's will reopen on January 25th. I think Andy and Rose will be in charge again.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 pm 
75+ Posts
75+ Posts

Can anyone tell us if the new cafe/bar has opened where Katy Dalys was.Is it a tapas bar or if not,what is it?Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

It is called Bokadiktos or something. I went in recently. They do food, as in stuff that they have in one of those hot counters that has trays of tapas type stuff in. The furniture has been recovered in a nice cream effect.

When I went in the music was too loud for my liking, but I never did like noise, and the customers were dancing about to Spanish music. The food I had was OK and if I had been in a party mood I might have enjoyed the dancing, but I only wanted something to fend off the hunger pangs till tea time.

END 2 FGM