Fuerteventura Forum

Sunny Fuerteventura's Friendly Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:21 pm 

Best of Luck to Centa and Co on the Opening of a new bar in Nuevo Horizonte, The Crazy Goat, is a couple of doors from Stoners Irish Bar and Restaurant, 200 yards from Mustang Sallys Irish Bar and Restaurant !! ......yeah the Irish thing still going strong in Nuevo !!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:41 pm 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Good luck to all the businesses over there smiley20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:24 pm 

Hi Villan, my Godson Kevin Toner, was over at Aston Villa last week-end for trials, and thankfuly he was asked back, and will go out for the next school holidays in October, he is a left back and currently plays for the Republic of Ireland Under 15's ,so you never know with a bit of luck and an injury freesummer he might get offered terms !!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:33 am 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Derek

Hopefully he'll join the long list of Irish Villans that have become first teamers. The Villa Acadamy is generally considered to be one of the best with a policy of investing and promoting home grown younger players.

OH AHH PAUL MCGRATH !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

I think all the bars are doing OK with the influx of summer holiday tourists, and I doubt they care where people are from as long as they are spending their euros.

I talked to a taxi driver on Saturday who said there were more people around Caleta, but they had less money, so taxi driver incomes were down.

On the football front we need a left back at North End because we don't have one, and we have just sold Keith Treacy to Burnley for an irresistable amount. :(

I was feeling optimistic, but that feeling is evaporating.

Good luck to Kevin with his future in football.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:24 pm 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Must say Caleta was busier than I've ever witnessed. Also the bars, restaurants and shops all appeared to be doing good trade. When we called in to see Dave at VP it was good to see people in the bars.
I'm doing my best to encourage people to visit. Just convinced a work colleague that Fuert has a better climate for their young children than Cyprus and they are flying out there on Monday. smiley20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:41 am 
Site Admin

I see the Crazy Goat has a website and is described on that as an international bar.

Integration beats differentiation every time. That's in my humble opinion, of course.

North End signed seven new players in the transfer window and a couple of lads on short term deals after it closed, but the games have been frozen off since.

One of them is a lad from Cork. Graham Cummins. 24 Irish PFA's player of the year for the last two years and he has a degree in business studies, so his head is screwed on the right way.

From all I 've read he seems a decent lad, so I hope someone steals him for ten million in a couple of years time.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:59 pm 

Just back from a great week in Neuvo. Bars seem to be doing well although it went a bit quiet in the middle of the week. Good to know that Kavanaghs will be open again shortly :)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:35 am 
Site Admin

There seems to be the odd quiet night when everyone stays in or decides to go to Caleta for a change, but the area is ticking over.

It will be good when Kav´s is open again as it´s a big bar and the outside will have been tidied up, which will improve the appearance of the area.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:32 pm 
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

oooh thats good to know... is the guy from stoners having it? or is it someone new? Does anyone know. Find stoners a little clicky and not a great atmosphere hopefully kav's will be when mark had it.
When is this grand opening taking place?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

1st June so I am told, and yes its the guy from Stoners.