Post subject: patio sets and umbrella
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:33 am 

Can any one tell me were I would get a nice set please
ger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:02 pm 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

I would recommend that you go to the Armas Department Store in Puerto del Rosario. Its on the Antigua road which starts at the Sundial roundabout (outside the Las Rotondas Shopping Centre). As you go up this road the Armas shop is the big green building about 300m up.

You could also go to Nortysur Cash and Carry, which is on the same road; but on the industrial estate on the left hand side.

You will find that most big shops and supermarkets are selling them at the moment; but for quality, go to Armas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:31 am 

thanks for that great
ger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:47 am 
20+ Posts
20+ Posts

There's annew place just opened up in Costa Antigue
a called Bits and Pieses. It sells patio sets, hot tubs, british food etc. Haven't been yet, but certainly take a look and report back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:01 pm 

Weyiman wrote:
There's annew place just opened up in Costa Antigue
a called Bits and Pieses. It sells patio sets, hot tubs, british food etc. Haven't been yet, but certainly take a look and report back.

I bought a patio set from here when it had just opened and it has already started to peel paint off and rust! I went back to the shop to complain and they weren't very helpful at all. I certainly won't be buying anything else there :cry: I have bought from the Armas also, and I know they are a bit more expensive, but like everything, you get what you pay for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:57 pm 
75+ Posts
75+ Posts

:D :D :D What many people who move out here Never take into concideration is that...what is made for and sold in the UK is manly just that .
This place is very different and you do need to buy for this range of temperatures,not knocking the people who are trying to make a living here ,no one will ever stop you buying and eating your 57 beanz or jammie dodgers but furniture old fashioned for most is built for this climate . Me i try to only buy and use Spanish no trouble at all and it is cheaper to replace or mend if you use local .
Hindsight is a wonderful thing ,i wish when i bought 4 yrs ago i could see Peckham High street as i call it now,i would have bought in Tricky . :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:20 pm 
75+ Posts
75+ Posts

I always think that one of posts that complain about a business are a bit iffy. I am sure that in general you get what you pay for, and that some people might just say something wasnt very good if they didn't like the way it looked when they got it home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:54 pm 
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

I think in Fuerteventura there's no middle ground with furniture be it indoor or outdoor,, the cheap stuff is really bad, and the expensive stuff is really nice but just that, expensive !! If your going to be there long term it's worth looking at IKEA in Lanzarote, where you can get fair priced and good quality pieces, you can check them out online, and if you spend over â?¬400 they deliver free to your propert in Fuerte !! Hope this helps