Fuerteventura Forum

Sunny Fuerteventura's Friendly Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 pm 

we are looking to travel next july with 2 children 16 and 19. getting mixed reveiws on sites about the hotel, some say old ad untidy and food bad and location is awful. just wondered if anybody has any local knowledge of the hotel and area around it please, is it close to beach? close to shops and bars? size of pool and amentities at hotel.

sorry to ask so many questions but if there for 2 weeks need to be sure we are in correct accomadation.

The rogers family

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 pm 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

If you have a look at this map link http://www.sunnyfuerteventura.com/fuerteventura-maps/caleta-de-fuste/index.html you´ll see the Castillo de Elba on the extreme right of the map near the Happy Center.

The hotel is linked with the Antigua Suites and the San Jorge Hotels - they all share the same Reception.

As you can see it is next to the coast, which is rocky next to the hotel. The sandy beach is only 10 minutes away.

All restaurants in Caleta are in 10 minute walking distance, and there´s plenty of choice.

There are 4 swimming pools in the hotel complex.

In general, I think it is a reasonable standard hotel; and several people I know do use it regularly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:24 pm 

thanks for that , how big is calleta town? will there be enough to do for 2 weeks there?. any water parks on the island? with 2 grown up kids will there be enough for them to keep them occupied? water sports on beach?

are we in the right area on the island for a good holiday? do we need to be a different part for more entertainment?

filbert fox is your log in...are you from leicester? we live in leicester just 10mins from the stadium and go fairly regular to see them. i am leicester born ( 46 yrs) ago . how about yourself?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:05 am 
250+ Posts
250+ Posts

Hi, the water park is in the north Corralejo, personally i prefer caleta out of the 2. You can book excursions from your hotel or in caleta, there are water sports from the beach and swimming and feeding the sea lioins. The resturants in caleta are plentiful and you could go to a different one every night if you wantd too, the main ones i would suggest are Miss america, nestors, 15, el capitan, Fado Rock, El paso, there are also many more to choose from. Chinese, indian etc.

I cant see the kids getting bored to be honest,Its a holiday and you make it what it is. :D
I love the island and my kids are 20 and 16 they enjoy it but are a little fed up with it now keep going to the house and the same places but it has been 7 years for them (bless them )

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:37 am 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Yes, top-timm I´m a Leicester supporter, originally from Sileby, then Barrow on Soar.

I used to be a season ticket holder in the 80´s :D , and I went to my first game in 1968 :shock: .

I've never been to the new stadium :( .

I've suddenly thought that the aparthotel you name, might be the one in neighbouring Nuevo Horizonte or Costa Antigua as it's sometimes called. Can you confirm the hotel name :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:05 pm 

hi the place we looked at was
aparthotel castilio de elba

it appears to be a cheap hotel to visit, not sure if its a bargain or a run down hotel.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:53 am 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Yes, the aparthotel Castillo de Elba is the one in Nuevo Horizonte/Costa Antigua - it´s a good standard hotel, and the reason it is cheaper is because it´s not in Caleta de Fuste!

There is a free bus that links it with the different areas in Caleta (and the other hotels in the Elba group), which is about 10 minutes away or 25 minutes walk. The bus runs about every hour.

See the map on http://www.sunnyfuerteventura.com/fuerteventura-maps/costa-antigua/index.html - it's near the top of the page.

There aren´t many tourist hotels in Nuevo Horizonte so it's the ideal place for a relaxing holiday. See http://www.sunnyfuerteventura.com/nuevo-horizonte/index.html for what´s in Nuevo Horizonte.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:59 am 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

There are also a couple of good restaurants and bars close by. So if you wanted a change from hotel drinks/food there is a good alternative without having to travel into caleta .