Sunny Fuerteventura's Friendly Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: HELLO ALL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:10 pm 
75+ Posts
75+ Posts

HI!
PLEASED TO MEET YOU ALL OUT IN CYBERTHINGY LAND!
I'M VERY TECHNOPHOBIC/STUPID/OLD ETC SO I HOPE MY INANE RAMBLINGS DON'T OFFEND OR DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTERY THINGIES!
YOU MAY HAVE GATHERED THAT I'M NEW TO THIS TECHNO ERA SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.
MY LONGSUFFERING WIFE AND I INTEND TO LIVE IN FUERTA FOR OUR OLD AGE,WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE U.K. AND LOVE THE NUEVO/CALLETTA AREA,SO WE WANT TO SELL UP AND RENT ON PERM BASIS A.S.A.P! ( NEXT 3YRS OR SO)
G.BROWN AND CO. HAD ENOUGH OF MY MONEY, SO BLOWING ALL OUR CASH ON A NEW FUERTE LIFESTYLE BEFORE WE'RE PUT IN A HOME AND OUR LIFETIME OF SAVINGS ETC TAKEN BY THE GOVNMT! NO KIDS OR BAGGAGE, SO GOING DOWN IN FLAMES ( OR AT LEAST A SLOW SMOULDER!)
ANY TIPS OR SIMILAR HELP TOPICS GREATFULLY ACCEPTED, THOUGHT ABOUT THIS MOVE FOR A FEW YEARS, AND ENJOYED MANY ENVIABLE BUT HAPPY HOLS IN OUR FRIENDS APPARTMENT IN NUEVO HORIZONTE (BOUGAINVILLE), SO WE'RE NOT BLINDFOLDED AND OUR EYES ARE WIDE OPEN TO THE PITFALLS, BUT HEY, THATS LIFE!
NICE TO HAVE CHATTED!
FLYINGPIG

Post subject: Re: HELLO ALL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Rats!! Just pressed the wrong key when I was telling you that capital letters were shouting in forum land!! Fat fingers are no good for this, though in my case it is down to my aim not being as good as it was.

Sorry, I am rambling. Welcome to the forum, New, old, old new or even new old blood is always welcome, so welcome.

Inane ramblings never hurt a computer thingy, even when they were designed to!! vhot vhot , so don't worry about that.

If you have been here before you will have a rough idea of what things cost, and whether or not you will be able to get by on what you have. On the other hand prices have risen here as well as elsewhere and the pound/euro exchange rate is not as good as it was, so you might want to do the sums with the euro at 1.20 to the pound.

There has been a change in the UK pension qualifying rules. The main thing seems to be that if you have paid in for 30 years you can get a full pension.

We don't do politics here. Life is too short and Gordon can't stop the sun shining, so he doesn't matter.

Have a root round the forum and see if you can find what you want to know. If you can't or just want to ask it again feel free. We are well represented in the Caleta Nuevo area, so can keep you informed about what is happening in this neck of the woods.

Have fun in the forum.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:54 pm 
75+ Posts
75+ Posts

Sorry for shouting! My thick fingers are nearly as thick as my head, but much fuller and not so long, also apologies for mentioning that mans name and boring politics!
Serious thanks for info, although I am aware about exchange rates and price hikes, I think iv'e done that homework pretty thoroughly.
Can anyone give me a reccomendation on a good property management company or a pointer to where or who might help with the logistics of relocating to Fuerte?
Nice to be on the Forum, and once again a big thank you. :o fish1 drink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

As you seem to be planning ahead and want to live in the area where I live I am sure we can help you sort something out when you are ready to move over.

It would be as well to get a furnished place for a month or so to check that you liked where you were. Have you any idea how much stuff you would be looking to bring over.

Will you be of retirement age or retiring early?

END 2 FGM

Post subject: Re: HELLO AGAIN
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:25 pm 
75+ Posts
75+ Posts

I would be bringing very little, lieraly what we can carry in suitcases, really intend a total sell up in U.K. I will not be at retirement age, five more years or so for that, wifey will have seven more to do officially, however do have small lifetime pension from early retirement on health grounds (not serious, just stopped me doing my local gov job, working now in another field).Would want furnished premises anyway, like I said before we intend to live the Dolce Vita lifestyle,in our old age. Probably have funds extending into six figures, and no one to inherit anything, so blowing the lot!.....sorry, telling lies, will keep some back in case I pop my clogs, then other half catered for!) Over in Fuerte mid Sept for two weeks cheers (friends app in Nuevo) intend to do a little more research into rentals etc. Really, really greatful for your input, all suggestions wecomed. :D cheers