Fuerteventura Forum

Sunny Fuerteventura's Friendly Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:53 pm 

hi
due to travel in july for a 2 week stay in broncemar aprt hotel and wondered what watersports the resort has to offer us. eg jet skis, pedaloes,parascending. kayaking and snorkelling
also intend to hire a car to visit the lovely island, any tips...hire in uk or when there?
heard about chipmunk island , is this walkable as kids are keen to see them.

are the parasoles and beds reasonable priced.

hope you can help with anything regarding the above.

we are from leicester

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:57 pm 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

As you're from Leicester I'll give you all the information you need :wink: :D

The Deep Blue Dive Centre in Caleta harbour does snorkelling trips. Next to them you will find a place to hire pedaloes and kayaks. They also do jet ski hire.

You'll probably find good hire car rates on the internet eg. Autoreisen, Cicar and Plus Car. You'll also be able to hire cars in the resort from 1 day upwards. Rates start at 25 euros a day. Weekly rates are cheaper. AVOID Goldcar!!! They charge a lot of extras and high petrol prices which the other companies don't.

There isn't a Chipmunk island, but you will find them (they're actually Barbary ground squirrels) on the rocks between Caleta and Nuevo Horizonte.

Two sunbeds and a parasol on the beach costs 9 euros for the day.

If you need any childcare while your children are here, then see our advert on this site - Caleta Childcare and Babysitting.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:10 pm 

hi mate
thanks for the info , us leicester boys and girls have got to stick together.whats the area around broncemar aprthotel like?, as we like to people watch at night as well as having a stroll after dinner.

is the beach safe to snorkel from and use an inflatable mattress.

shame about the leicester v pboro game, poor result for us but still leaves us 2nd. my son going to see huddersfield game tursday night, could do with a cup run.

tim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:57 am 
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Hello Tim

A good cup run would give everyone a boost. My nephews and brothers will be going tonight. I'll be watching it on television over here in Caleta.

You'll be able to people watch in nearly all the bars and restaurants in Caleta, and most are close to the Broncemar as it's centrally situated.

The beach is safe for snorkelling. Be careful using an inflatable matress as the wind is usually off shore and can make them drift.