Fuerteventura Forum

Sunny Fuerteventura's Friendly Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Jandia...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:47 am 
20+ Posts
20+ Posts

beach1 Thought it about time someone put in a word or two for Jandia!... It is where we usually stay for our holidays. We have stayed at numerous hotels down there over the years and would recommend them highly.
In Feb we stayed at Sunrise Beach, Jandia. The rooms great, buffet was great, staff great and the Flamenco dancers lovely!. Yes there are a large percentage of german visitors, but we are all on holiday in the sun!.
We mainly go there for the sandy beaches and sunsets at Jandia and Morro Jable, also for Cofete and the mountains. Missed the windsufing championships at Sotovento this month but watched some online!. We usually hire a car at the airport to get down there as there is so much to stop for and enjoy! give it a try!. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Jandia...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

We got down to the windsurfing and kiteboarding this year. I went down on the bus one day. I quite like the ride and you get a different view from the bus. We have stayed down there a couple of times, but it is different when you live here anyway. Nearly all the Germans we have met have been nice people, and like you say they are on holiday too. They seem to demand higher standards in a more forthright way and this means that the service in hotels that are used by Germans is usually of a high standard.

END 2 FGM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:44 pm 
20+ Posts
20+ Posts

We've been 7 times now, Fuerteventura is our ideal holiday destination, especially Jandia.
The island has an almost desolate beauty all of its own and the tranquility is perfect for us.
Stayed at the Barcelo Jandia Mar in May and are going there in may 2010.
A superb place with 2 large pools and loads of space to move your sunbeds around, the whole area was clean and tidy and the 20 minute walk down the steep hill and along the promenade into Morro Jable will certainly help you work off the lovely food.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:23 am 

Bella wrote:
We've been 7 times now, Fuerteventura is our ideal holiday destination, especially Jandia.
The island has an almost desolate beauty all of its own and the tranquility is perfect for us.
Stayed at the Barcelo Jandia Mar in May and are going there in may 2010.
A superb place with 2 large pools and loads of space to move your sunbeds around, the whole area was clean and tidy and the 20 minute walk down the steep hill and along the promenade into Morro Jable will certainly help you work off the lovely food.

I found this very helpful, we are heading to that same hotel in less than 2 weeks..thankyou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:24 pm 

My week at the Barcelo Jandia Mar has came and went, first time visitor to the island I will certainly be back, beautiful is an understatement as is friendly, and clean.

I got really nasty bites though, but didnt let them put me off or stop me having a great holiday.

Will definately be a regular to Fuerte now!